1992 - 1996
The [Greenfield] Development of Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA)
Capital value of Project c.US$5 billion.
Client’s Representative in executing the delivery of the Passenger Terminal Complex.
Phase I: Airport Master Plan and Concept Design for the PTC7:
- Preparation of Consortium Agreement & contract negotiations;
- Establishment of Airport Design Criteria and Performance Specifications to enable fast-track “design & build” construction implementation;
- Evaluation PTC tender packages with aggregated values of c.US$600mil.
Phase II: Post-tender & Construction of the PTC:
- Design and specification compliance monitoring;
- Contract and claims management within a fast-track “design & build” framework involving 3 simultaneous PTC packages;
- Monitoring the Operational Readiness (OR) and Operations & Maintenance (O&M) programme in advance of the airport opening.
6. Activities stated have been with the engagement of Azlan Morad in his capacity as Deputy Project Manager of the Anglo- Japanese-Malaysian Airport Consortia (and under the auspecies ofKuala Lumpur International Airport Berhad) at the material time.
7. Members of the Anglo-Japanese-Malaysian consortia varied through the various stages of the project. Azlan Morad was engaged throughout from project initiation until the final stages of project completion. The consortia at varying stages comprised:
- Akitek Jurancang Malaysia, Malaysia
- British Airports Authority, UK
- Halcrow, UK
- Kisho Kurokawa Architects, Japan
- Marubeni Corporation, Japan
- Pacific Consultants International, Japan
- Trafalgar House, UK