Khujand International Airport
2014 - 2015
Master Plan for Khujand International Airport, Tajikistan
Estimated Aggregated CAPEX = c.EUR52 mil.
Role of CrissCross International
CrissCross International11 lead the due diligence exercise (Airport Master Plan & Business Plan) contingent to loan financing by the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) for the upgrade of Khujand International Airport.
Tasks included providing expert appraisal over technical, traffic, macro-economic analysis and documentation on the entire airport infrastructure. They included:
- Multi-lateral interfacing with airport stakeholders;
- Traffic forecast;
- Operations & asset quality appraisal;
- Land-use plan;
- Environmental impact assessment & mitigation;
- 30-year phased master plan outlook through to 2040;
- Configuration for new passenger terminal and technical support facilities;
- SWOT analysis and conflict resolution;
- CAPEX and OPEX calculation and Business Plan;
- Rationalisation of regulatory issues.
- Provided airport stakeholders with primary guidelines for future management/operational strategies;
- Findings and documentation were used by the EBRD as a basis for the release and staging of loan financing packages;
- Provided a basis for re-structuring operational proceedings consistent with up-to-date international best practice and in alignment with commercial prerogatives;
- Provided recommendations for improvements in sector regulatory framework in accordance with international best practice
11. This engagement was through CrissX's Executive Director (Azlan Morad) acting as Team Leader in the project in collaboration with IRD Engineering S.r.l.( Italy), Corporate Solutions Ltd (U.K). and the EBRD (U.K., Russia & Tajikistan).