National Air Transport Master Plan, Liberia
Preliminary CAPEX estimated at c.USD330 million (aggregated).
Role of CrissCross International
Liberia needed a National Transport Master Plan to enable a systemic “reset” following post-conflict and socio-economic dysfunction. In this context CrissX provided strategic and directional input to develop the entire civil aviation sector; from planning physical infrastructure requirements to the development of institutional capacities.
The mission was in collaboration with:
- Gesellschaft für Organisation, Plannung und Ausbildung (GOPA Consultants, Germany)
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Technische Zusammenarbeit (German Agency for Technical Cooperation)
- Liberia Ministry of Transport Liberia
- Ministry of Public Works
- Techno-economic review of entire civil aviation establishment in Liberia;
- Rationalisation of existing infrastructure facilities;
- Interfacing with concurrent multi-modal transportation initiatives;
- Defining strategies for future development under acute resource and capacity constraints;
- Establishment of appropriate options for alignment with future PPP initiatives.