2005 - 2007
Techno-Economic Feasibility Study for the commercial development of six Regional Airports; Bhubaneshwar, Coimbatore, Mumbai-Juhu, Patna, Port Blair and Varanasi Airports, India.
Estimated Capital Value in excess of c.USD1.3 billion (aggregated).
CrissCross International (CrissX)4 was responsible for overall project definition, commercial due diligence, cost analysis and leadership in a multi-disciplinary and multi-national team to complete a Techno-Economic Feasibility Study (TEFS) for the future commercial development of Bhubaneshwar, Coimbatore, Mumbai-Juhu, Patna, Port Blair and Varanasi Airports. The exercise was in advance of privatisation initiatives by the Airports Authority of India. The task included multi-lateral collaboration with various legislative, regulatory and financial stakeholders5.
The Scope of Work required a full technical and economic due diligence involving:
- Traffic analysis & forecast up to 2025;
- Airport master planning; Operations & commercial optimisation strategies;
- Environmental impact assessment & mitigation;
- Appraisal of government policies & regulatory framework and their impact on future initiatives;
- CAPEX forecast
4. This engagement was through the direct participation of CrissX's Executive Director (Azlan Morad) in the project in his capacity as Project Director, under the auspices of Swedavia AB, Sweden.
5. Work was in collaboration with:
- Swedavia AB, Sweden
- Global Resources Representations, India
- Airports Authority of India, India