Frankfurt am Main International Airport
1999 - 2002
Responsible for management oversight covering acquisition and project activities in the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Allied activities include liaison with donor agencies , and supporting various worldwide PPP interests.2
Key engagements include:
- Due diligence support in various international privatisation initiatives, notably Darwin, Perth & Sydney Airports, Australia and Kuala Lumpur International Airport, Malaysia;
- Project acquisitions for Operational Readiness & Airport Transfer (ORAT)3 programmes at Incheon- Seoul, Manila International and other airports in the Middle-East and Africa;
- Member of negotiating team on merger initiatives between Schiphol Consulting & Deutsche AeroConsult;
- PPP due diligence and development prospectus for Algiers Airport to align with World Bank funding programmes;
- Commercial optimisation for Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport, China commercial optimisation perspective;
- Due diligence for the commercial restructuring of Civil Aviation Authority of Yemen (CAMA) in advance of PPP initiatives;
- Transition Management for Lima International Airport, Peru – formulation of operations handover guidelines to facilitate the management/operational takeover by the Fraport-Bechtel Consortium.
2. Reference to Fraport AG, Frankfurt am Main International Airport relate directly to Deutsche AeroConsult GmbH, the latter being a 100% subsidiary of the former at the material time. Relevant projects mentioned have been lead by and/or otherwise with the participation of Azlan Morad, in his position as Associate Director of Deutsche AeroConsult GmbH at the material time. Azlan Morad also functioned as Regional Director with responsibility for overseeing Middle-East and Asia-Pacific projects.
3. The terms "ORAT" and “transition management“ are deemed synonymous and are used interchangeably in the context of this document.